1. I am not a perfectionist. I’d rather hide a mistake than go back and unravel it.
2. I am not a snob. Although I’ve spent time and money buying hand spun wool from the person who also dyed it I’m equally happy with wildly colored synthetics.
3. I can count. Iambics. Haiku. Recently I got pulled into playing the marimbas at a festive event–the band leader just grabbed me. It was so easy, despite my lack of musical ability, that someone asked me how long I’d been doing it professionally.
What I’ve learned from embroidery.
1. The back will never look like the front, and that is just fine.
2. I never met a hoop I liked.
3. No force on earth can stop me from licking the thread.