Here are some pics of the installation.
The newest piece is a scroll that re-tells a koan. Full text:
1. The goddess attained complete and perfect enlightenment.
2. She felt pretty good.
3. This Bodhisattva dude said: hey baby, if you are enlightened how come you still have a female form?
4. The goddess said: Are you talking to me? She said: Don’t cut off my legs and call me short. She turned into a piece of cold lava, a potsherd, a medium-sized crow.
5. She was as green as a veined leaf and trembled in the breeze at the edge of the garden. She turned into a moss-covered stone.
6. She said: Breathing in, I smile. Breathing out…well, that’s your problem now.
7. She hears the cry of our world, the goddess of compassion.
Lending Library of the Invisible—a book arts show
Maternal Mitochondria—Miriam Sagan & Isabel Winson-Sagan
6599 Jaguar Drive
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Opening—May 6, 4-6 pm
Show up till May 31, 2022
Artists will be in residence 11 am-1 pm on May 17 and May 24, 2022.
We hope to see you, even if Southside seems far away!
Come say hi, and help add to our interactive artwork,“What Am I Hiding and What Do I Hope For?,” which asks visitors to hang their own answers on sculptural trees or put them in slot boxes.
There will be grab and go snacks. And you can visit Southside’s Seed Library, bookstore, or even return those overdue books!
The show will up all of May, and we will be in residence two Tuesday mornings as well.